I have just released 0.6.7. This should probably have been a minor release instead of a patch release. I have other functionality marked for release in 0.7.0. In any event, here's whats in the release....
The big news here is performance!
- Our testing shows that Fix8 is on average 29% faster encoding/decoding the same message than Quickfix.
- Typical client NewOrderSingle encode latency is now 9.8µs, and ExecutionReport decode 11.6µs
Bug fixes and code changes
- Add support for C++ insert operator (+= operator is still supported)
- Fixed 'make install ' to properly copy all relevant files to target
- Replace Poco::DateTimeFormatter and Poco::DateTimeParser with ULL versions (thanks Mr Su)
- Reduce encode/decode latency
- Permit client and server to specify send/recv TCP buffer sizes
- Fixed test clients core dumping on socket errors
- Fixed server disconnects and client reporting it has timed out on receiving messages
Changes to the Fix8 website
- Expanded the performance analysis documentation
- Performance comparison with Quickfix
- Expanded FAQ, including clarification of our Open Source license
- How it works
- Expanded the Fix8 wiki
Again many thanks to all involved.